Friday, December 14, 2007

OOOO OUCH!!

Today, DJ and I went to the Health Department for our immunizations so we can go pick up our children. I got 4 shots (2 in each arm), and DJ 5 (only because he has no idea when his last tetanus was). I went first so I didn't have to wait any longer (I'm not such a fan of needles poking into my flesh) and I'm so glad I did because the nurse got called away right after she finished getting all DJ's drugs together...she left us there just starring at his impending torture (he did great). Our cost: $630. Yes, you read that correctly, we spent six HUNDRED and thirty DOLLARS on vaccinations!!!! Please, please don't write me and tell me that you know where I could have gotten them all for $20 - it would really stink...I just prefer to be clueless (and poor). "Merry Christmas, honey...you're going to be immune to yellow fever and typhoid. And thanks for my Hepatitis A and meningitis shots, I sure do love the 'punched-in-the-arm-feeling" :-)









Worth it?
Yes!! Absolutely!! Every penny!! Can we go now? :-)

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Yeah for documenting your shots day! I LOVE IT! Your face. . much better than DJ's! ha ha! I'll tell you that we paid a buttload of money as well! AND, we went to the health dept instead of a travel clinic!

Painful, but oh so worth it! Have you read "There is no me without you"? I've heard it is fabulous and it's about Ethiopia!

Brandi

Lindsey said...

yes, i read it...it was GREAT!!! thanks :-)

LucieP said...

Lindsey Lindsey Lindsey

I love reading your blog...I makes me smile and inspires me to keep my heart and mind OPEN