Wednesday, June 3, 2009

E.T. Update

We are still waiting for a court date...and really getting discouraged since our dossier has been in Ethiopia for over a month now. We thought we'd know our chances of getting in before the courts close, but as more and more time goes by it is becoming less and less likely. :-(

On a more positive note: Yesterday, we received some updated E.T. pics! He is sitting on the lap of a man from Florida who is over in Ethiopia to pick up his new daughter. The man is showing E.T. some pictures of our family from a care package we sent over there and he gets to the page with Jane and Sam on it (my parents in-law) and realizes that he KNOWS Sam from a few years back when they worked together. How awesome is that?!? God is so amazing and it is such a small world...Sam says that JJ is just the nicest guy you could meet and I'm so thankful that he's in Ethiopia loving on my son! JJ and his wife are coming home with their daughter this weekend and I will get to hear some first-hand info on how E.T. is doing :-) I'm so excited!!

In the pictures, E.T. looks like he's loving some of his gifts - we sent him a toy truck (that his daddy picked out just for him) that he's holding in EVERY picture and he's covered with his sister's blanket that she sent him. We even have a picture of all the kids gathered around E.T. and JJ looking at our family album...so precious!! I can't wait to hold him...

E.T. looks really small but I'm sure I'll be able to fatten him up nicely when I can get my hands on him. And he doesn't appear to be scared of JJ, so that's encouraging...JJ even got him to smile a little in one of the pics.

SO...please, please pray with us that we'll get a court date SOON and that we'll make it over there before the rainy season! I am so tempted to just jump on a plane and set up came in Ethiopia until we can bring him home...

No comments: