
I really don't know where to start and I'm so frustrated because I have so many "I should blog that" moments, and now, when I'm sitting down and actually have a few minutes to do it - NOTHING! Ugh! That is why bullet points are so easy for me - my mind is scattered.

Maci is 7 months old! My sweet, sweet girl is a ball of energy - always on the move, always touching/grabbing/eating/learning something. She can now clap. And when 'Old McDonald' comes on her Baby Einstien DVD, she bounces up and down and smiles and claps and turns to look at mommy (if I'm in the room) to make sure I'm dancing and clapping, too - SO FUN! She is about to get tooth #5. She will eat anything you put in her mouth - ANYTHING!

I've recently been very hormonal (as some of you know ;)) and really sad about leaving Maci while we travel to Ethiopia to pick up Temesgen. I know Maci will be fine. And I need to go to Ethiopia. Temesgen deserves some alone time with DJ and I, and we both owe it to him to see Ethiopia and learn as much as we can about his life there and the culture and the people so we can talk to him (one day) about it from experience. I'm so excited about the trip. I can't wait to hold my beautiful son! And I can't wait to enjoy a 20+ hour plan ride with just DJ - get ready, babe - we're going to talk the whole time!!! Uninterrupted (hehe). But, I guess there is this crazy, protective, mama bear kind of persona that just develops when you become a mom that seriusly hurts in the pit of your stomach when you think that, for one second, you will not be able to protect your child. I will not be able to protect Maci for almost a whole week. Not only that, I won't be there if she learns something new. I won't nurse her when she's hungry. I won't bathe her (she LOVES bath time!). I won't be the first one she sees in the morning when she's so happy. What if she takes her first steps? Says her first words? Gets hurt?? Has a tummy ache?? An ear infection?? A nightmare (do 7 month old babies have bad dreams?)?? It's sad. And scary. And mixed with a nice dose of (breastfeeding) hormones...overwhelming.

I'm better. Still struggling occasionally, but not freaking out. I trust my family who is going to keep Maci safe and happy while I'm away. And I trust God that "His ways are higher than my ways, and His thoughts far beyond anything I could even imagine" - He is still going to be God when I'm across the globe. That makes me feel better.

Temesgen is doing well. He is super cute and getting loved on at the orphanage where he is. The lady from our agency is going back in a few weeks so we'll get to send him another care package and get more picture updates. Some friends are throwing me a shower for him this weekend, so I'm super excited!! My arms are aching to hold him!!!!!!!!! We're rescheduled for August 7th - our July 24th date got postponed again...the rollercoaster is still moving, when we get off it will all be SOOO worth it.

Our house is showing all the time, praise God. We did get an offer, but couldn't afford to take it. Hopefully one of the recent showings will be a little more serious because it's hard to put everything away and clean so often with a baby and 3 animals.
2 comments:
she is getting so big!
Gotta love those big beautiful eyes of hers!!!
The parental fears never stop I think. My mind can really go far if I let it and thought are not always within reason. I can't help it. What if, ya know?!!
We keep praying for things with baby boy.
Just feel it...the good, the bad and the ugly. It's part of parenting. Fortunately the WONDERFUL far out ways the tough times. It's just hard to remember that when momma bear takes over, isn't it!?
Post a Comment