

The kids have been doing some stinking cute things lately that make me sit and wonder for a second if I just heard/saw what I think I did, and then laugh out loud at an ear-splitting level. I'm mostly putting them on here because my mom tells me that I need to write them down and since it's 3:30 in the morning and baby girl is keeping me awake with her wiggles and kicks, I thought this was the best avenue to remember how much I love being around them right now. *Let me make note that Maci is definitely testing and challenging me in ways that are exhausting and award worthy, but she's usually hilarious while she's doing it. Eli is in this phase, too, but his sister makes me actually consider pulling my hair out.
The things I love:
- the kids are counting to 10 and Eli will even count things like "how many puppies do you see on this page?" while Maci will just show me her mad skills by pointing to ten different spots on the book and say, "one, two, three, four, five...."
- how much they LOVE singing. I will say something like "this little light of mine..." and the kids will hold up their pointer finger and belt out "let it SHINE" or "Zachieus was a..." and they will continue "wee little man!!"
- that we watch The Lion King or Cars (aka Lightening McQueen) every day and when I finally give into the million requests for their "favorite movie" their faces light up and they run sit on the couch and repeat (until the movie begins) "I excited! I excited!" Then they watch in silent wonder until Lightening's engine revs or the African man sings "AH HENNYA..." and they both grin from ear to ear and look at each other to make sure they are equally elated.
- how they play "lion" and crawl around roaring at each other (or anyone else in the room).
- how crazy hyper they are just before bed and run around and wrestle with daddy and dance and laugh and look like they are having the most fun any person on earth has ever had.
- how they love to pray and thank Jesus for their food or for the beautiful sunshine
- that they ask to go bye-bye every morning to see their friends and then tell me exactly who they'd like to see "baby Micah and Carolyn and Ellison and Luke and Mason and Levi..."
- that they think every piece of mail comes from Mimi just for them
- how funny they are when they "read" books to mommy and daddy - they say things they remember we say when we read that specific book and Maci even tries to mimic some of our crazy voices. "No, no, no Mrs. Walrus, do NOT be mean to Choco!"
- that they are oblivious to what a surprise is because they ask me every day "have surprise, mommy?" :)
- this is something that I don't love, but reminds me of something that I do...the kids hear EVERYTHING, especially when we don't think they are listening. I recently heard Maci say, "Oh my gosh!" when she dropped her cup at dinner. DJ and I just looked guiltily at each other and realized how much she's learning from us that we may not want her to.
- Eli is (or thinks he is) a master distractor and has started asking for a hug in the middle of being reprimanded for something.
- Eli says, "I happy, mommy" randomly and it makes my heart smile.
- Maci says, "Hi mommy!" and gives me hugs every time I walk into the room - even if I've only been gone long enough to take a phone call or go to the bathroom.
- I love/hate that Maci begs me for a pony tail and then removes the tie/barrette within 10 seconds of actually having one.
- how excited the kids get when DJ gets home, and every morning Eli will say "Daddy work, mommy?" and when I say "yes, Eli, daddy had to go to work today," Maci will pipe in "come back, Daddy!"
- that when we turn onto our street the kids will announce "we on Blossomwood" which sounds nothing like the actual word Blossomwood.
- they are starting to play together for longer stretches and create these very elaborate cooking games where one of them will make something delicious and give the other a bite. The recipient will immediately comment on how good the food was and say, "thank you, Eli/Maci" and then hand over all their cooking supplies (which often includes a currently-in-use sippy cup of water). The cooker will reply with a smile, "You welcome, Eli/Maci" and take utensils, then ask, "pancake?" And the cycle continues.
- I absolutely adore the kids doing the U-C-F dance. The words are correct, but the moves are completely original.
- My belly is growing and we talk about the baby often. Maci has named her baby Mika and when she talks to her, she puts her little hands on each side of my stomach, squeezes a little and speaks right into my belly button. She usually says, "come out and play wif me" or "go night, night, baby." Eli just talks into the microphone (aka belly button) and roars like a lion or kisses her. So sweet.
- I love how crazy and fun and curious they are, but most of all, I LOVE how sweet they are. My kids have amazing hearts and I'm so very thankful for them. I love being their mommy...even when I'm exhausted and impatient.

Some important facts:
- Eli has been home for a year. Can't believe it's been that long and that short...seems like only yesterday we brought him home, yet it seems like he's been ours forever.
- Maci has begun referring to herself as a big girl. I cuddled her in my arms yesterday and asked her if she was still my little baby and she replied, "no mam, Maci big girl."
- Potty Training 2010 kicks off on Friday. Holy excitement and oh boy! :-/
- I've decided that Eli's love language is words of affirmation and Maci's is physical touch.
2 comments:
Your kids are amazing, which means you and DJ are equally amazing :) You're such great parents. Love that we can do life together.
"Have, surprise, Mommy?" hahahahahaha
Amanda
you are such a good mommy! And I LOVE those kids of yours!
Post a Comment