Some readers may remember that we started this blog when we were first submitting our adoption paperwork and Tyler was just coming down to live with us. We haven't blogged about the adoption for a while, not because nothing was happening but putting things in writing just makes our hopes get higher. So here is the story that's been going on for months.
The adoption agency we were with, CHSFS, is a great agency that many of our friends have used and had great success with. They have an amazing care center where the children are loved dearly and I believe they have completed the most Ethiopian adoptions of any US agency. For these reasons, CHSFS has also become one of the most popular agencies. When we found out Maci was arriving, we were under the impression that we would be back on the list as soon as she was born and could bring home children once she was one. Well...apparently we miscommunicated because this was NOT the case. This news hit in January and we prayed and thought about our options. Our social worker gave us other agencies to look into, but after a few weeks we settled on the fact that we may have to wait up to three more years to finally bring our children home.
One of the agencies we talked to is a local, Christian organization called Celebrate Children International (CCI). We had a great talk with the Ethiopian Director. She has a huge heart for the orphans of Ethiopia and has done amazing work to build their program. She had many older children, which broke our heart because we were open to a child up to three.
Now comes the most recent and exciting news. The CCI Director was in Ethiopia and found lots of children that were in desperate need of homes immediately. AND THEN IT CAME! Pictures of a beautiful 15 month old boy, T%&@$#@% (you'll find out later)...or as I call him, MY SON. We've been waiting rather impatiently for his medical records and they came today. He is in great health and tomorrow we will officially sign our referral for his adoption. Another great blessing is that CHSFS was willing to give us 88% (unheard of) of our money back which covers all of our CCI payments except for travel. Lindsey has worked feverishly to recollect all of our dossier paperwork and we will hopefully be ready to submit this soon. We hope to travel this summer and once we pass court in Ethiopia we can post his cuteness and tell you all his name.
It's crazy how God has worked this out and is so far from OUR original plan. I'm sure we sound pretty crazy to be taking on another child so soon after Maci arrived, but we really feel confident that God has worked in this situation. No matter how overwhelming it seems, we know it only strengthens our dependence on Him. We are excited and can't wait for everyone to meet T.
Side note: CCI has many children in need, so if you are thinking of adopting CHECK EM OUT!
13 comments:
CONGRATS!!! I was wondering what the big news was! How wonderful for your family. Hope to see you at one of the Ethiopian family meet ups! I guess this Saturday is probably too soon huh??
Super exciting!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!
When I saw your facebook thing saying you had posted BIG news here, I hoped this was it! Scott and I are so very happy for you guys, and we will definitely be praying that God continues to work out all the details! How amazing it must be to be able to look at his sweet little face in the picture - I can't wait 'til that moment comes for us (hopefully next year). Isn't it amazing that God knew and planned all along - through all of these disappointments and changed plans you guys have been through along the way in this process - that this precious little child would become your son. SO excited for you and can't wait to meet your little son (and Maci's big brother:) when he comes HOME in a few months!
~Whitney W
WooWHOO!!!! We are so excited for all 4 of you! We are celebrating with you as we read your post, will be praying and can't wait to hear more!!
I couldn't wait to see your blog this morning to check out the news!
T is Matthew's age!
Maci will be a great sister!
I agree with you...God puts things in place at His time which is the right time!
YAY! I heard about these plans through the small group grapevine, but I didn't know it was for sure! I am so super excited for you guys!!! How amazing...
Congratulations! That's wonderful news.
Wait...this isn't an April Fools' joke, is it? You guys wouldn't do that to us...right? lol
NO WAY! It was actually posted last night, which was NOT April Fool's Day.
I am SO excited for you guys! This little one is going to be so blessed to be a part of your loving family. I can't wait to meet him. :-)
OH MY GOODNESS, OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I'd be doing back flips for you if I knew how. I am SO, SO excited for you. I love God's plans...always keeping us on our toes and always better than ours could have ever been. Congratulations...may all go smoothly for dossier, court and travel. Keep us posted!!!!!
That is SO awesome! So what if you guys are doing it backwards and the older brother comes second! Big brothers and little sisters are great - at least we think so :) So excited to see pictures of T and meet him Lord willing this summer! Congrats congrats congrats!
God is so good and His timing is PERFECT! We are so excited for you guys! Can't wait to hear of his arrival and see the pictures of his sweet face! YAY!!! Love you-
Post a Comment