Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy REadoption Day, Eli!!!

The picture above includes
our attorney, Don Myers and Judge Alley.

Today we completed our VERY last step in Elias' adoption (well, we have about 19 more post placement reports to complete, but that doesn't count...)!!! We are thrilled to announce that Eli's name is officially Elias and he has a new birthday, too. I know this was just icing on the cake since we already officially adopted him in August (in Ethiopia), but it felt so good. I have been way more emotional about today than I was about our first court date we didn't attend. I'm not really sure why, but it felt so good to be able to give him a name and honor his birthmother by correcting his birthdate. What a sweet blessing most parents take for granted - I know I did.

I'm so thankful for my sweet, sweet Eli!!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Hsppy Day, Eli! I recognize that judge :) So happy for the M's!!!

the crazy armstrongs said...

Congrats! On your special day .. I can't wait for us to be there someday:)