Monday, March 29, 2010

Updates:
  • Eli and Maci are doing great...getting big, talking up a storm, loving going outside (and would prefer to be there every second of every day - mostly in their swing or on the slide), enjoying any food that is put in their mouth, sleeping like champs (sometimes 3 hours at nap time). They LOVE reading books and singing with Barney.
  • Maci definitely has a milk allergy. A bad one. She had a rash for over a month and the doctors told me it was just from the cold, dry winter we had. Grr. I knew that wasn't right and began eliminating things. First we stopped wheat...for obvious reasons since I'm allergic and so is Mimi. There are no obvious signs that wheat is a problem, but we're sticking with it until she is at least 2 so that her chances of NOT developing a wheat allergy are a little better for the future. Then I thought it was a nut allergy. Stopped that - a little harder than I thought. Next, we tried milk. That was the key, but not the cure. After keeping her off wheat, nuts, and dairy, then we eliminated strawberries and I think we have the answer. We've added nuts back in (just this weekend) and all seems well. Dairy is tough. I'm constantly worried about her protein and calcium intake...and cooking without wheat or dairy is no picnic.
  • Hormones post miscarriage are crazy. Unexpected and crazy. I am thankful for my friends who call to check on me, kick me out of the house so I can work out and do a quiet time child-less, and remind me that sometimes having two small children is challenging and exhausting.
  • We are sale-pending after 6 days of selling our house buy-owner. Also, we have a contract (pending all goes well with our sale) on another house. We are so thankful! and scheduled to close at the end of next month. Our new house has a pool!! So come party with us this summer :)
  • The amount of laundry I do is amazing. I don't see how the Duggar's do it!
  • We went to the zoo last weekend and had a GREAT time!! My brother and mom went with us and the kids enjoyed some single-stroller time. It was neat to see all the animals we've been learning about...they got to hear a lion roar, ride the train, and see an elephant up close.
  • Spring has sprung! The whether is beautiful and it feels amazing to have open windows and doors :)
  • God is teaching me more and more how amazing and big He is...and how I don't even have a brain capable of imagining how wonderful He is.

1 comment:

WhitneyandScott said...

Great update - very exciting news on the house! And I know I say it every time, but your kids could not possibly be any cuter - great pictures!