Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Guess it's time!

We've been so busy not being very busy, that I've felt too overwhelmed to blog. We're staying with the amazing Vuckovic family while we wait for our new house to be ready and I have to say, things are going so much better than I anticipated (that's usually the case). I thought they were going to tell us to get our noisy kids, large dog, and taking-up-every-square-inch-of-space-STUFF out on the 2nd day. It's going on 3 weeks and they still seem to like us. I know they'd love to have their house back in order...I know I would...but they are very gracious hosts and I'm thankful for them.

I have been missing my friends!! My phone decided it hates me and will only allow text messages to be sent/received while in Clermont. It loves me again after about a mile or 2 on the Turnpike and will return to working order - grr! So frustrating to travel back 20 years where patience was necessary. The kids and I miss our weekly play dates, YMCA outings, and church activities...but we're getting really good at counting to 4 and finding caterpillars outside. :)

We move on Saturday!! Can't wait to get into our new house and settle the kids into CRIBS instead of almost-too-small pack-n-plays. We've been over a couple times to let workers in, and break in the pool - Maci LOVES, LOVES, LOVES it and Eli has accepted its presence...he even seemed to enjoy floating in a tube by himself for half an hour a couple days ago. :)

I'm thankfully realizing that I have been somewhat negative and selfish the past few weeks...I keep feeling sorry for myself because of silly little inconveniences (phone!) and a new list of wants that my mind's created. I hope my realization means this Lindsey has left, but I fear I will have to escort her out several times in the coming days...sorry to everyone who has listened to my complaints and doubts and fears over things God is completely, 100% aware of and attentive to. I have much, much, much to be thankful for and I know it!!!

1 comment:

Jess and Andrea said...

Love your honesty! Where are you guys moving to?

Thanks for sharing your heart!