I've been a terrible blogger lately. There are many things I've wanted to blog about, but for one reason or another, I've talked myself out of actually sitting down to write. I guess this is my attempt to remain a blogger.
First thing on my mind is that I really wish people know how hurtful it is to speak of biological children as "your own" and highlighting adopted children as a last resort or second choice. I have elevated myself to the role of EXPERT since I am both the mother of a child I've carried and given birth to, and the mother of a child I've longed for, worked for, and adopted. I know I shouldn't label myself because I have no degree or certificate in psychology plus I'm very emotionally connected to the issue, but I feel more qualified than most. I am the mother to two children, both are my own. Both will be forever mine. BOTH were prayed for and hoped for and wanted more than they could possibly know. Both fill my heart with a crazy amount of love and gratitude that it's impossible to put into words. Both are amazing little people who bring light into my world, who bless my soul. It is heartbreaking for me to see (and hear) the ignorance of people who talk about how nothing compares to the thrill of creating a child, and thus, the thought of adoption is simply less than desirable. It really hurts my feelings. I wish people knew what I know about the joy and fulfillment of adoption. I wish people really believed what I just said.
Along the adoption line, many people have asked if the M's are planning to adopt again since baby #3 is now in the picture. The answer is YES. We have always hoped for 4 children, and nothing has changed. We simply can not afford another adoption right now, so we're planning to end on that note. Our hearts are in Ethiopia, but we are not 100% certain that's where baby #4 will come from. I'm sure time will tell. Right now, we're thrilled to celebrate the addition due in January and prepare for him/her.
Being pregnant with 2 toddlers is something of a challenge, but I am thankful to report that I'm feeling MUCH better. I still have daily bouts of nausea (really thought it would be over by now), but nothing that inhibits me completely like a few weeks ago. I've just headed into week 15.
Also, I've been thinking a lot about gratitude. Friends and I have talked recently about the key to joy being contentment and the key to that is a grateful heart. I periodically struggle with contentment and recently I've felt the prickles of greed and envy begin to emerge. I'm thinking about following the advice of friends and starting a gratitude journal...maybe that will be my next post. I know (!!) I have soo many blessings and it does my heart good to take time to recognize that.
Another thing, completely unrelated, is that I've been feeling terrible about how I've slacked on the video and picture front. I used to have the camera out almost daily! I don't even think the camera battery is charged...GRR! The kids are cuter than ever and hilarious most of the day, I want desperately to remember them like this. I am going to try to do better. :) Eli is talking more and more every day (talking CLEARLY that is) and Maci is now talking in complete sentences and counting to 7 (sometimes 8). They grow soo fast!! I know that's cliche, but TRUE.



No comments:
Post a Comment