


Although it's still 80 degrees outside, this Fall has been full of fun so far. We've been able to spend lots of time with family enjoying aunts, uncles, and cousins we haven't been able to see very much this year. I don't actually have pictures of these events - they are still on my camera but at least they are there. :)Also, I have had days in the last week or so to enjoy this stage of life. I think we're in a really great phase, the kids are hilarious and entertaining and, compared to a year ago, very independent. There are many more discipline/interventions required on a daily basis, but the routine is fairly easy...everyone sleeps through the night from 7-7, naps from 12:30-3 and can: throw things in the trash without assistance, Eli is potty trained (actually telling us that he has to go, so we're even past the "mommy is potty trained" phase), both kids can sit and color without eating the crayons or drawing on the table, they can climb in and out of their car seats and almost buckle themselves in (actually, they can do it if I have an extra 5 minutes...usually I don't), they are frequently friendly and pleasant in the grocery store (BIG improvement), they are playing together for longer stretches without needing mommy to be in the room, can sit and watch an entire movie (Finding Nemo or The Letter Factory are the hits this week), love to help and play outside, and can even go into the back yard and play while I cook dinner (with the door open and occasional mommy checks, of course). I am thankful for times when I feel rested and can be intentional about enjoying and playing with them because for so much of this pregnancy I've felt exhausted and hormonal. It's nice to be reminded that I really love being Eli and Maci's mommy.
OH!! And one more thing...baby girl officially has a first name!!! Mika will be here next month to snuggle with her mommy. :) I've had more pre-term labor craziness, but still, everything checks out perfectly normal and healthy in the end and I've had the opportunity to see Mika LOTS!! She has hair!!! That's crazy for me to believe since Maci didn't have any until about 14 months and DJ and I were both bald babies, but I'm soo excited to have a little chunky girl with spiky, dark hair sporting a stylish bow!! I will have to get some bows soon... :)
1 comment:
Love this!
Post a Comment