Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Maci!!!!

Thanks, Raffenaud Family!!!!
Opening the most popular present of the night:
the baby doll stroller.
Playing with the stroller.
Crying because she had to stop playing with the stroller to open her other presents.
(WOW!)
Daddy and the birthday girl!!
Mommy and the birthday girl!!
Trying to get her to smile isn't easy when she's got places to go and strollers to play with.
Birthday CAKE (gluten-free, of course!)!!

It's amazing to me that I'm writing this post already, but here it is. Maci has been here for TWO years. My beautiful, energetic, goofy, incredibly smart, sweet little girl is getting so big. I can't believe the joy she's brought to DJ and I and how amazing it is to see this little tiny person develop into such a unique and special little girl. We get glimpses every day of the woman she will grow into and learn something new about her whit and charm and personality. This parenting thing is a crazy ride, and we're so thankful we've got her...temper, sass and all. She is an amazing gift. This morning started out with the Happy Birthday song, and from then on, she was super excited. She kept telling me, "I ready, mommy, for my birthday!" The celebration didn't actually come until daddy, Gigi, Pops, Uncle Mark, Aunt Kristin, and Jacob all got off work.

This blog is my virtual scrapbook...so please excuse the personal letter below.

My beautiful Maci girl,
You are one of the most amazing and special gifts God has ever given me....or ever will, I'm sure. I am amazed and shocked sometimes when I look at you to think about how our journey together started and where it has come. You are this perfect little person that is part of me, and yet, totally unique. Your sweet hugs and pucker kisses make me so thankful that we serve a God who cares enough to create these special relationships and emotions - He reminds me of His love often through you. I am so thankful He reminds me in such a fun way.

The way you put your hands on your hips and say, "what's going on here?" with a crooked smile on your lips still makes me stop in amazement...and you do it OFTEN. Your genuine desire to be funny is something that makes daddy and I laugh every day, not only because you desire to be a comedian, but because you're usually very successful at it. Watching you walk into our room holding Teddy Boy and your baby Mika doll in your pjs and bare feet with an apprehensive smile on your face is almost the sweetest thing I've ever seen...and it makes it VERY, VERY hard for us to send you back to your bed. The way you always want to help and are elated to received a wet paper towel to go "clean" the house is super cute...hope that lasts a really long time. I love that you want a hug immediately after you've gotten a spanking because I really, really want to hug you, too. I HATE having to be consistent with discipline, and know that God's teaching me yet another lesson...several, actually. I love watching you play with your brother, you two are hilarious together and I pray that the relationship you're growing now continues and becomes something more special than I can even imagine. It is almost worth having daddy go to work all day to get to watch your face light up when you see him walk through the door every evening. It makes my heart so happy to see the way you love each other. One day, I will tell you how much daddy has changed since he held you for the first time (we both have, but daddy will have to fill you in on my alterations), but I'm so blessed to see how crazy he is about you. I love to hear you tell me made up stories - they always start with "once upon a time" and end with "the end." I don't know what to do with all the drawings you're making, I know I will have to throw some away, but each one is better than the last and you're now drawing "rainbows" and "fish" and "flowers"...and I'm beyond proud of them. Tears sting the backs of my eyes every time you randomly tell me how much you love me.

In two years, you have changed my life in such a huge way that I don't even remember what it was like before you arrived. I can't wait to see who you will become and the conversations we'll have, but I don't want you to get one day older, either. I pray and hope that you will know how much you're loved and that you'll learn very soon that God loves you even more. He's created you for something special, sweet girl, something amazing, and I pray that you desire to glorify Him all the days of your life.

Thanks for making me a mommy.
I love you to the stars and the moon, and aaalllllllllllll the way back.
Mommy

No comments: