Disclaimer: I don't know how to properly use commas and I'm a hopeless misspeller. Read at your own risk.
So here are some things I want my future self to know:
Eli is chatting up a storm from the moment he wakes up until he goes to bed. His imagination is entertaining beyond what words can explain. He is almost never Eli, but instead a dinosaur (usually a triceratops) or a lion or a kitty cat. He has a mean snarl face, but if you pretend to be afraid, he will throw you a smile. He is the best big brother in the history of big brothers and gets excited EVERY morning to see Maci and Mika and give them a hug. He is starting to have such adult conversations with DJ and I and we can really see him begin to understand "big picture" concepts. He asked DJ why he got to share a room with mommy after being told that Maci and Mika will share a room one day because girls share with girls and boys share with boys (if there is a future M boy). Another thing I'm coming to realize with Eli is that he is a PLANNER. That child wakes up wanting to know what we're doing today and who we're going to do it with, if we are going anywhere, what he needs to wear, what we're having for each of our meals, and if there will be any surprises he needs to know about. Will he get to/have to go swimming, play outside, ride his bike, watch a movie, go to church...and he will let you know if the plan isn't going as previously discussed. Eli is a charmer and I often get compliments on his manners and smile and sweet nature. He is such a blessing to me.
Maci is potty trained!!! She's so proud of herself and is READY, READY, READY to go to school. She is still tough discipline-wise, but I can see big improvements and have noticed that she's almost perfect when one-on-one so DJ and I have been able to enjoy her alone on several occasions. She is belly aching hilarious and smart as a whip. She says and does things that entertain all of us (Mika included) and it has become quite obvious that she loves doing it. She wants to take ballet lessons and is practicing tippy toe dancing regularly. She is sleeping in a big girl bed and has yet to fall out. Maci has taken to calling me mommy-moms (I blame DJ) so we're working on that. She is a great sister and, in addition to playing with Eli for hours every day, has become quite the little mama - letting Mika know that it's not nice to spit or pull hair, and even patting her back and cooing at her like any good mother does. Maci is not afraid of anything. Loves all things princess and any game played with a ball. She has become a daddy's girl and I love it. She is such a blessing to me.
Mika is amazing. She's growing and changing every day and is 3 days shy of 7 months old. I have started feeding her solids (in addition to mommy's milk) and so far she's enjoyed: rice, sweet potatoes, watermelon, peas, apples, bananas, yellow squash, prunes, guacamole, 1/2 a chick-fil-a fry and oats. The prunes, fry, guacamole, and oats have been a little problematic...but recently, I tried prunes again and there was no rash or reaction at all. She has 2 tiny teeth on the bottom, got them a couple or three weeks ago. I'm pretty sure she is a daddy's girl, too, because she lights up when DJ enters the room and babbles "dadada" all day long...and almost always says it on cue when DJ gets home from work. We are still battling eczema, but Dr. Amber has prescribed a cream that seems to be working wonders. She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her siblings and often breaks into a belly laugh just because they look at her. She's sitting up on her own...been doing that for almost 2 weeks now...and seems to be getting frustrated that she can't crawl. Sometimes DJ or I (we fight over whose turn it is) will wake her up for a dream feed because she is just the sweetest, most joyful little girl and we absolutely adore her...plus, we don't get to gush over her alone very often and those chubby cheek smiles that crinkle her eyes are addictive. She is such a blessing to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment