One week ago, Eli and Maci started their first day of school. This was, I dare say, the biggest milestone to date. Everyone is LOVING our new routine and the kids and I are getting to know some new friends, enjoying our time apart, and having a blast talking about all the things they've learned and played and done.
Eli is in the 3's class. He's got a GREAT teacher and is learning some separation from his sister/security blanket. He's brought home a couple homework assignments and doing school at home is tons more fun than I imagined. I'm the Room Mom in Eli's class. I hope I figure out what that means soon.
Maci is in the Older 2's class and has two fantastic teachers. She went both days last week, accident free (PTL!), and had Z.E.R.O. trouble leaving me behind. Seriously, I have to chase her if I want a kiss. So far, I've gained this insight: she knows all about the color red, is very good at "keeping her friends safe" (because that's the class rule), and really likes a little girl named Reese.
I am thoroughly enjoying my solo Mika time. It is oodles of fun to have one baby for a little while, and I'm trying to be intentional about our time together (even though her morning nap takes up a good hour and a half). I've also got this on the agenda: grocery shop (!!), have coffee quiet times (!!!!!), clean (FLOORS!), lunch with friends (did this last week), and exercise (no, I'm not forgetting the exclamation marks). I have been needing a little me time, and 4 hours twice a week is a great place to start. I'm thankful that God loves me so much He gives me exactly what I need when I need it. He's way smarter than me. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment