Tonight, I'm reminding myself to be thankful because tonight someone pee'd on the couch. My already-horrible red couch. And in that moment, and the 10 or 15 that followed, I wanted to get into the car and sign up for the nearest zero-interest-option furniture store, buy a long list of living room decor and drown my frustration in STUFF. I've since recovered (I'll spare you the page long reasons why my middle-class 1st world problems are not ACTUAL problems) and am praising God for these sweet, hilarious, precious children.
Here are the reasons I love them right now, this minute.
Eli: because his eyes light up when he smiles and because he adores wearing brightly (!!) colored, mid-calf length socks ALL THE TIME and because he takes such good care of Mika
Maci: because she thinks I'm really great and gets excited about wearing a hair bow just because I've worn it and because she is thrilled "helping" Mika learn to walk or drink her bottle but has no idea that she's not really helping and because she always has to thank God for giraffes when she prays
Mika: because she gives open mouth kisses and they are my favorite and because she signs "more" almost all day and then eats almost all day and because she has already learned to "wrestle"
DJ: because he keeps me rooted and tags me out when I'm not being the mom I want to be and because he brings me home surprise peppermint milkshakes and makes roaring fires in the fireplace
No comments:
Post a Comment