I don't even know where to start because I can't believe that your first birthday is here already. It seems like you were stretching my ribs and kicking my bladder just a few weeks ago. Mika, you were a great surprise to daddy and me and we feel like the luckiest people in the world because we get to be your parents. We were not ready for you...truth be told, no parent ever is. Thank you for being the easiest newborn and sweetest baby. You are unique and special, and a perfect match for all of us. God's timing is never wrong and you have helped me trust His promises more than I fear the world's threats. I love being your favorite person (most of the time - daddy gets his 5 minutes of fame when he gets home every evening) and snuggle partner. I am so blessed to be your mommy.
Love,
Mommy
1 Year Old Kid Updates:
- you eat anything that you can get in your mouth, stickers included, and spit out what you don't like (mashed potatoes, yuck!)
- you can stand up in a nanosecond, but not without holding onto something yet.
- every morning after you're done nursing you look for Eli, stretch your arms out to him, and give him the biggest hugs. He loves it and so do you (and so do daddy and I!)
- every morning, after you hug Eli, Maci comes in for her snuggles and you brace yourself for an intense squeeze. Sometimes you are pleasantly surprised and return the embrace, but most often you are attacked until mommy steps in.
- you still LOVE bath time, but having to sit down the whole time is quickly becoming a battle.
- Diaper changes take too much time so you've begun to protest, but poop is uncomfortable to sit on so you announce your displeasure.
- You're talking up a storm, but prefer to babble instead of say words that I know you can say.
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is hanging on the front door and every time we go in the dining/living room you wave and point and say, "hiiiiiiiiii."
- You LOVE to be outside and cry every time I have to take you out of a swing.
- being a Big is at the top of your ToDo List and you want to be where ever they are, doing what ever they are doing (even if they are dressing you up in a ridiculous and cumbersome outfit, or making you be the "patient" and poking you all over).
- you can walk holding onto my fingers, but prefer to hitch a ride.
- you're wearing size 4 shoes.
- tickling and peek-a-boo are your most favorite activities.
- you can only sleep with a piece of your old bumper as a pillow.
- you like to "sing" along and get really excited when you hear your name in the song ("happy birthday, dear Mika" is a HIT)
- you can crawl faster than I can walk.
- you give pat-pat-pats when we hug and then grin at me like you know how much I like it.
- you can spot a dog a block away and when you see one, you will point and wave and say, "hiiii"
- you love to clap and high-five and be "soo big"
- if I have shoes on your feet and we are in the car, you will chew on them (which REALLY grosses me out)
- you giggle when I poke your belly.
- you give THE! BEST! HUGS! It is literally impossible for me to get enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment