Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'm gonna blog.

I just dropped 2 potentially sick kids off at school and I have a million things I could be doing while my definitely sick kid naps. But am I doing them? No. (Sorry, DJ.) I'm sitting at my computer drinking a large cup of coffee thinking about how my brain jumps from thought to thought with short, interrupted prayers mixed in. Things on my brian (because you're dying to know, right?): should I have taken Eli and Maci to school? They aren't acting sick, have no fevers, and no symptoms but have been exposed to their feverish sister who also has no symptoms (other than the fever, stay with me). Are all the teachers and parents thinking that I'm a terrible mom for exposing their children since they all know Mika is sick because I had to switch my helper mom day because I couldn't leave her in the nursery. Are they hating me and judging me and will they send me a nasty text or email if their child suddenly becomes feverish this weekend? I'm so thankful for coffee, will it make my headache go away? Have my floors ever been mopped? If you came over right now, I'm pretty sure you'd think they haven't. How tired should I be for having to get up in the middle of the night to take care of a hot baby? More tired? Less tired? Amber has to get up lots more than I do and she's been doing it for weeks. What can I make for dinner tonight? When will I be able to get my BSF homework from Leah? How are Trey and Holly and the kids doing after their first night back together? Will the kids stay? What kind of things do they have to go through living at the mercy of the foster system? Do they know they are loved and will they grow up to know Jesus? I hope they get to stay this time. I hope they know how much they are wanted and how special they are. How many millions of children are living in similar circumstances, or worse even? How does God handle that heartache, knowing all the hateful, hurtful details? I'm so thankful He has a plan and He's in control. I'm so thankful there is hope and a promise for an eternity of joy and peace. I hope I can live a life that points others to Him so they can know His love. Is Cali doing okay? Does she ever think about us like I think about her? Would she remember the Downward Dog tummy rub if I did it? Will anything in my garden grow since I didn't fertilize it? Can I teach the kids to swim this summer? How do I pour God's word into their hearts so they can understand right and wrong according to Him? When is the right time to begin the adoption process again? How can we ever afford it? Should we raise money, would people want to donate to us, two upper middle class parents who have nice cars and a huge mortgage? What does God have planned? Will it hurt others if we adopt before they're able to? Can we handle a fourth? What would we do with our kids during two trips to Ethiopia? Do I know what a run-on sentence is? When will I get a weekend away with DJ to sleep in and finish conversations? Man, I love that guy. I'm so thankful for him, for how helpful and dependable he is, for how smart and dedicated he is and for how hard he works, for how much he loves our kids and how important his promises to them are that he doesn't forget to call Eli to say "good morning." I love how he looks in a suite. He is my favorite. I can't have a blog without pictures. Ah, junk, am I getting a fever...or am I just drinking my coffee too fast? 

The future Mrs. Hasselhoff
Mommy MJ
Eli was directing a play starring his sisters.

No comments: