Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Scoop

Hello all. Sorry I've been out of commission lately, I can't believe it's been so long since I've written. First of all, thanks to everyone who wished us a Happy Adoption Day :-) Sadly, there was nothing too exciting going on in the Orlando area to celebrate. There was a thing at the courthouse where several families finalized their adoptions, but I wasn't able to make it.

Tyler is gone for a week. He left Friday night to go hunting with his parents and then off to his grandmother's house for the week. He is off of school for Thanksgiving and doesn't have to go back until next Monday. Tyler likes going to his Nanaw's house. He has friends there and "she can cook"! As much as he is missed, it will be nice to have my husband all to myself!!

DJ is in Georgia with his friends from high school. Several of them have kept in touch over the years (9 to be exact) and they were trying to have a big get-together for their upcoming graduation anniversary. Apparently, the highlights so far have been: Farkle (whatever that is), coming up with a new smile for Scott, and roasting marshmallows for smores. They come home tomorrow (I MISS DJ)!!

While DJ was away this weekend, my mom came for a visit :-) It was nice to have her all to myself for a couple of days just doing a lot of nothing special. I'm trying to convince her to move here, but no luck so far. She left early this morning, so now I'm all alone with a quiet, empty house. Thank you, Lord, for Cali. I did enjoy a yummy lunch (gluten-free) with the in-laws this afternoon :-)

I hope you all have a great week!

6 comments:

in a nutshell said...

Lindsey - please see my blog to learn about Farkles! :) It's a texas thing - or maybe a camp thing. I'm not sure - regardless - it's a little different!

Unknown said...

We missed you, Lindsey!!!! And there are some classic pictures and quotes of DJ that you will not want to miss.....

Anonymous said...

Totally wish you could have come with us to GA! We had an amazing time and DJ's parents are so wonderful for letting us stay there.
-Lindsey E.

Brandi said...

What a nice relaxing weekend! Hey, check my blog on Monday afternoon. . .it's about to get fun but I can't tell yet!

Love ya,
Brandi

running shoes said...

hey there! you're not alone in the farkle thing... i have no idea either. are you a celiac person too?

Lindsey said...

you're kidding me. you have celiac?!