That being said, here are the highlights:
- Eli is the most well behaved, sweetest, smartest 2 year old I've ever known. He is slowly showing a few signs of independence and defiance, but mostly he just does exactly what he's told and spoils his sister rotten.
- Maci is the most fun, talkative child I've ever known and also one of the most independent. We're entering the realm of "serious discipline needed" and I'm learning why so many people find it hard not to laugh in the face of their tantrum-throwing babies. (I always thought they were ridiculous before.)
- I am disgusted with the health care bill. And scared for all of us if/when it passes. Also, I think Bill Nelson is slime.
- I lost 4 lbs. last week...week 1/4 for me. Week 2 has been hit with sick babies who are not allowed at the Y...working out after DJ gets home and with 30billion other people at 8:00 is NOT fun.
- One of the blessings from having 2 weeks of cold weather in Florida is that the leaves on the trees are beautiful. I am thankful for them.
- Eli and Maci like to (VERY!) softly pat their arm like they're spanking themselves and I run over and say, "NO! NO! NO! Do NOT spank my Eli/Maci." They think it's hysterical. We do this dozens of times a day.
- I love being a mom. My kids are the most amazing gift and I'm so thankful they're fun and sweet and smart and healthy. I don't have any doubts at all that God's design is perfect. They have taught me that. HE has taught me that. I do struggle with weeks like this one where they are sick enough not to be allowed around other children, but healthy enough to have energy in abundance. I am stir crazy and in need of additional adult interaction.
- I am super excited about some wonderful new additions to the world!!! Babies are coming, people...there is an outbreak. Mostly, I can't say who's having who (or should that be whom...?), but I'm soo ready to meet my new friends!!! *NO! DJ and I are not expanding/expecting. As for now, and into the distant future we will remain a party of 4.
- I let Maci fall off the changing table. UGH!! It was awful. I was shaking and about to cry, but God reminded me of a very important lesson and she is fine. I put her on the table to change her diaper and turned to check Eli's diaper to see if he needed to be changed when out of the corner of my eye I saw Maci flying through the air. I did NOT put her anywhere close to the edge of the changing pad and I did not take even one single step away, but I should have known better. Somehow she did a backwards somersault off the back of the table and landed on her belly on the floor. I panicked and got to her in about 1/2 a second, but she wasn't moving and wasn't crying. Holy Lord!! I picked her up and she screamed and looked terrified. I think poor Eli was in shock and fear that the house was collapsing so he grabbed his two favorite cars and came after me. Maci only cried for about 2 minutes, then she got distracted by my UCF sweatshirt and that was it. I was changing her diaper to put her down for a nap and after that, I wasn't sure I wanted to put her down. What if she hit her head (I did the most thorough neuro exam I could do on a 1 year old...pupils were equal and reactive, she moved everything fine, she could identify mommy, eli and teddy boy)? After about 5 minutes, the Lord reminded me that she was His and not mine. My children are only on loan and one day I WILL have to give them away. I prayed over her and put her to bed.
3 comments:
I love it when you blog! and I want to hear anything you have to say, even if I disagree. :-)
Oh, Lindsey =( I have so been there & feel for you (about Maci falling). After having three little ones, we've had our share of ouchies (broken collar bone included...yup, Iveigh); it's great that you remember that God is in control!
Great blogging!
I love you!
So scary about Maci's fall! I would do the same thing...we went to the ER a couple weeks ago after Jake closed the door on Matthew's fingers and it just didn't look right. All was fine but at least I confirmed that!
Eli is such a sweet boy!
Here's to a relaxing weekend!!
Post a Comment