Sunday, April 22, 2012

Scrapbook: 16 Month Mika

Tomorrow, Mika will be 16 months old. Here are some things I really, really, really love about her.

That she eats and drinks with her pinky stuck out like her Mimi. 
Hilarious!
That she is still my snuggle partner.
 She is now forward-facing in her carseat. She loves to look out the window and when Daddy is driving, every time I turn and look at her, she smiles and starts to dance. We have a toddler tunes worship CD that has about 50 songs on it. We listen to it a lot, it's her favorite. But every time a song ends, during the 2.5 seconds of silence, she signs "more please."
 She has lots of teeth. 
I've lost count, but I think it's now 13 or 14...enough to tackle the toughest of gummy vitamins.
 She's a critical-thinker, especially when a remote is almost within reach.
Step 1 doesn't work...
 ...there's always another approach...
 ...even if props need to be involved.
 Mika is still a fun, smiley, talkative toddler. She clearly says more words than I can remember for this post, but most of the time she talks 90 words a second, including lots of hand-usage, but no one can understand what she's saying during these "stories." She wears 18-24 month clothes and size 5 shoes. Still in size 3 diapers, but only because I don't want those long size 4's poking out the back of her pants. Mika loves to play in the dirt (eating a bite here and there) and be pushed in a swing. She isn't ready for story time at the library just yet - we went this week and she blocked most of the kids from seeing the library lady. She is still taking a morning nap most days, but can do without one if we're out and about. She sleeps from 7-6:30 every day, but she plays and sings until I get her at 7am. She loves to dance and has recently learned Ashes, Ashes (I know, heathen song) from her sibs. She falls down almost immediately. She is one tough kid and she's got the bruises and bumps to prove it. She is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!! 1 years olds aren't for sissies and I'm not always the most patient and understanding but I do enjoy the mess out of this girl. M.J., you melt my heart every single day and I couldn't imagine life without you...I love being your mommy.

No comments: