Friday, June 1, 2012

What to blog about?

I feel like I have so much to say and so many pictures to post, but here it is nap time and I can't think of a single post. Everything I come up with, I dismiss almost immediately because it sounds like I'm bragging or complaining or too opinionated. When did I become so thoughtfully neurotic?? Somebody help me.





So...this is it. It's all I got. This month in history...
2011:
my babies



2010:
These were my babies (notice Cali in the back, I miss her so much).
They look so little.
We moved out of our old house.
And I found out I was pregnant with Mika.

2009:
my babies

2008:
It's a GIRL!




3 comments:

Tiffany Dean said...

I say if you want to talk about something, go for it. Opinionated is not a bad things, they are like belly buttons, we all have them. I think as long as you respect that others have their own opinions that may differe from your own, then no harm no foul.
I started reading this book called Confessions of a Scarry Mommy. It is funny and shows how even as each mother is different, we all also have similarities. We love our kids, it is hard work, and what works for one mom, heck even one kid, probably won't work for another.
We lead different lives. I don't think any less of a woman who works more inside the home than outside the home. We each still want to be the best mom we can be for our kids.

Lindsey said...

Tiffany, so well said. I agree! We all can learn from each other and should be adult enough to know how to respect each other's style - ESPECIALLY in parenting since it's so personal and so challenging. I definitely believe we all love our kiddos and are trying our best to raise them well. I KNOW I don't know it all and I'm always studying parents to see how and why and what I can borrow.

My opinions and stories and brags are often not related to kids or parenting, and sometimes, I wonder if they'll just cause more offense than good...and I don't think that's always worth it just to make me feel like my blog really reflects my life. It's usually stuff about what the bible is teaching me or what Jesus is showing me about my own soul that I want to share. But, again, I realize that I don't know everything and I don't want anyone to be turned off to the Savior because of me. I know a lot of that is emotional mess just getting in the way, but it's something else to navigate and process over time.

I hope the Deans are doing well!! Thanks for writing :)

Aunty Amber said...

I cannot believe how big your kids have gotten. So crazy. Love them and love this post!