Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer and Pictures

Here are some "oops" from our recent groupon photo shoot. They made DJ and I giggle. 
This was Mika's face for 75% of the 45 minutes. In her defense, the studio was in a small and dark office building that smelled a little funny. She was letting us know up front that we were, under NO circumstances, to leave her there. Thus, she would not take a picture without mommy holding her....

"You wanna go across the room AND you want me to smile about it?!? You're crazy lady." -Mika 
Maci was, apparently, extremely bored.
This one just makes me laugh and I don't even have anything witty to say.
Such potential for cuteness.
We've been spending a lot of time outside so the kids can practice riding bikes. It has to be before 9am or after 6pm. Kinda tough. The kids are doing GREAT, love to help each other get off the grass with a not-so-gentle-push-and-giggle, and can ride faster than I can jog (GREAT exercise!).
 My attempts at summer craftiness so we don't all go into lack-of-fun-withdrawl....how did I not realize there wouldn't be hours and hours of outdoor play? I've lived here since day 1, people....that's 30 summers! I've experienced 110 degree heat index many times over...sheesh.







Does anyone think Mika actually colored Elmo while the Bigs were using PAINT? Anyone?
(nice try, Lindsey)

I was so looking forward to summer break. All of May I dreamed about the lazy mornings and random trips to the park, all the fun things the kids and I were going to do and see and play. I had really high hopes for my craft abilities. I envisioned snuggles and singing and happy hearts 24/7. I have had my fun and enjoyed my kids. Almost everything on the summer to-do list has been checked off (no free movies or bowling, maybe next year...). Now, let's get back to school because, apparently, I (SHOCKING!) kind of enjoy routine and schedules...lunch making and daily bath-giving...not so much, but planned activities and solo Mika time sound pretty good again. :)

No comments: