I officially, officially don't have a baby anymore. My sweet littlest is going to be 2 in 3 days and I feel like she's already 5. Each of these pictures bring back such a sweet memory for me - this little blessing has grown so fast and changed so much I honestly can't remember her as a baby without them. Being Mika's mom day to day is one of the hardest things in my world....she's almost 2. And sassy! But every day I am blown away by the miracle that God did when He created her - her charm and wit and sass and brain-she's so smart, her ability to be so sweet and gentle, her love for saying "hi-ya!" and making anything into a sword (where did my girl see sword fighting??), her obsession with dogs and chocolate, her horrible singing voice that makes me stop whatever I'm doing to listen EVERY SINGLE TIME. She says the funniest things...and I understand almost all of it (you wouldn't, DJ doesn't even get a lot of it but she's in the sponge stage where people who see her week to week can't believe it's the same kid).
Mika can jump, use the potty (when she feels like it and 75% of the time she's asked), feed herself, make huge messes (mostly feeding herself), give the best kisses, recite Romans 14:19 with prompts ("Make every effort to do what leads to peace."), unlock and open doors, buckle the top part of her car seat, put her cup in the refrigerator after a Big opens the door for her, turn on the lights to the Christmas tree, talk on the phone,
I am crazy, crazy, crazy about this girl. She is such a huge, cute, sassy blessing to me and I LOVE being her mommy!!
Her baby pictures make me want another baby. Bad. Her meltdowns when told "no" fix that right up. ;)







No comments:
Post a Comment