I posted this on my myspace blog, but feel so strongly about it, that I thought I'd share it here.
Isn't it funny, that as a Christian, people assume I'm judgmental? I find it odd that in life there is a right and wrong, a black and a white, and simply because I chose to recognize that for myself, others feel convicted. Because I have a certain value or conviction that I'm not afraid to share does not mean that I devalue other's opinions. Why is it not okay to agree to disagree? I'm not changing my values or beliefs, and I won't hold it against anyone else if they chose to do the same...but remember, it is my firm belief that unless you have acknowledged Jesus as your savior and Lord, you are not going to Heaven. That's not a judgment, that's fact as stated in the Bible. If you feel judged because it is my belief that "being a good person" or "going to church" or "I pray, too" won't secure your salvation, I'm sorry. It is what I believe to be truth and I can't change that no matter how nice and wonderful I think you are. It shouldn't bother me, but out of a genuine concern and desire for your soul, I desperately want you to know the truth. I feel sorry for the ones who don't have the strength, courage, or understanding to realize that I live a certain way because I believe a certain way, and because I am not shy and quite when confronted with someone else's beliefs, they think I'm the one with a better-than-thou attitude. If only they knew the truth, if only they could see the judgment in their own lives...
2 comments:
Amen.
Wow, I feel like I just read my own thoughts! It's so awesome to see that there is another young Christian woman out there that shares the same thoughts as me:) It brings me comfort in my heart. Thanks for sharing this website with me Lindsey...I am excited for you and your soon to be growing family!
Post a Comment