Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Things are Progressing...


Tyler plays in his second game tonight and I just had to show you how cute he was dressed up in a tie!! Go Silverhawks!!

Also, our home study made it to Minnesota (h-a-l-l-e-l-u-j-a-h) WITHOUT POSTAGE!! So, we sent a few more forms to the Department of State to be certified, then we can compile our entire dossier and send it away (that's the VERY last step until we're waiting on a referral). I'm thinking we'll be sending off our dossier in a week or two.

And even more good news...we received our I-171H yesterday which is the document that says that we are approved to bring our kids into the United States. It usually takes a while to get that back, so I'm thrilled to have it!

And finally, I sent off my passport for renewal...not because it is expired or lost or stolen or ripped in half...but because when DJ and I got married and I sent it away for a name change, they didn't send me a new passport. They sent me the very same passport that I had with an addendum stamped on the very last page (where no one would see it). According to a very nice lady at the passport service center, "they no longer do that" and addendums are invalid... oh, the joy of change. But the good news is that now I will have a passport like everyone else and not be left in Ethiopia jail. Yay!

I'm off to root on the Silverhawks...gotta go change into my t-shirt! :-)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Amazing! Without postage? That's a GOD thing!! He answers our prayers in the most unique ways, doesn't He?

Love,
Brandi

Unknown said...

Uh, let me be the first to second the "Yay for not being left in an Ethiopian JAIL!!!"

And without postage? Definitely a God thing.