D.J. and I have been very busy relaxing and enjoying being alone this weekend. Friday night we dropped Tyler off to spend the weekend with his dad. While we made the switch, we met Tyler's dad's girlfriend, KarenAnn - a woman we've been praying for almost every night since we've had Tyler (the dad-KarenAnn relationship seems to be one of his top prayer requests), and I am a fan. I can see why Tyler wants her to stick around. She seemed like a very nice woman and eager to get to know and spend some time with him. Also, I got a chance to talk to Tyler's dad a bit (we don't know each other very well) and I think it went well. He wishes it worked out for Tyler to come live with him, but all-in-all, I think we're on the same page...whatever is best for Tyler is what we all want to see happen. SO, hopefully, they're having a nice long weekend together. We pick him up tomorrow afternoon.
Yesterday morning, D.J. and I met our friend Lindsey for breakfast with the remainder of our dossier in hand. Lindsey is a notary, and has been a WONDERFUL help to us as we've have to have MANY, MANY documents legalized. (Thanks Lindz!!) So, we finished EVERYTHING yesterday, including sending off a few forms to the Department of State to be certified. Once those forms come back, we just have to compile all the documents we've done, make a couple copies, write a VERY large check, and send it away to the adoption agency. Then the REAL waiting begins...waiting for the phone call that says, "we've found your children and are overnighting you their pictures and info."
However, there is the slightest possibility of a snag...
A few days ago, I posted about our State Certified and Notarized copy of our Home Study being sent to the agency without postage...well, we have not received it in the mail, and CHSFS has not received it either. Please pray that it will be found and returned to us QUICKLY.
Happy Labor Day Everyone!!
2 comments:
Praying for you, Have a great Labor Day!
You are ALMOST there!!! I'll be praying for those docs to be returned quickly. Can't wait for the next stage. . .
Love ya,
Brandi
Post a Comment