Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm New at This

Hello friends and family. I've been getting so many requests for a blog that I've finally broken down and joined the party. But, fair warning: I'm not so good at this yet and I may have a tendency to ramble on and on.

The past few weeks have been very interesting. Tyler, my 14 year old cousin, has moved in with D.J. and I and will be starting high school next week. It's been (and continues to be) a tough adjustment on everyone, but not anything tougher than I expected. Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement, it is VERY appreciated.

D.J. and I are entering the parenting role with determined faith that the Lord will guide us and teach us how to love as He would have us to, discipline as He would want us to, and encourage as only He can. It's new and it's challenging, and we're learning how to support each other and find time to spend with each other, but we are adjusting quickly. We went on our first date tonight. We dropped Tyler off at youth group and then just drove around. We drove and we talked, drove some more, and talked some more...just enjoyed being together with uninterrupted, adult conversation. I like my husband :-).

Having a minute alone renewed our excitement about our children half-way across the world. There are 2 little people in Ethiopia that I love so much I can't even begin to explain it. I think about them all the time, pray for them daily, and want to see them more than I've wanted to see anyone in my whole life. I live with burdened anticipation, knowing that my little ones will have to be separated from their family sometime soon because of poverty, or AIDS, or war. They most likely have a mom and a dad that love them more than breath and are facing the scariest, most dreaded decision of their entire lives. I won't be there to help them or comfort them. I won't have to watch their faces as they are ripped away from their home or see the tears stream down the faces of the family who will forever love them, will forever remember them. But I know. I know it's happened or will. I know and I'm praying God's mercy and peace will be a blanket over them. Please pray with me.


1 comment:

Brandi said...

Lindsey, I'm so glad you started a blog! Yes, it's so hard. It almost feels better when you know they are in the orphanage b/c then at least you know they are being fed and they're being comforted. It's hard right now knowing what to pray for b/c you don't know where they are in the process. . .I know how that is! Thankfully, this part doesn't last long. Soon, you'll have pictures staring back at you that will drive your heart nuts!

Brandi