Sunday, May 11, 2008

Best Mother's Day Weekend Yet

Well, okay, I don't have much to compare it to, but this one is gonna be hard to beat. DJ has been an amazing husband and father-to-be in the following ways:

1) He woke up two mornings in a row to feed our very spoiled and demanding cats (they start meowing at our door around 7) without even waiting to see if I would get up first or reminding me that it's my turn.
2) He went to the farmer's market with me and let Cali come along...without complaining or telling me how crazy it was to take a 65 lb./loves-to-lick-children dog with us.
3) He went grocery shopping while I talked to my mom (she sent me the most amazing mom-to-be mother's day present that made me laugh and cry at the same time!), then came home and wouldn't even let me help unload or unpack anything.
4) He brought me starbucks home (decaf of course).
5) He made me a baked potato snack (I can't get enough of those things this week) and even put the fixins on it, then brought it to me in bed (where I was snuggled under the covers reading).
6) He rubbed my back at 12:30 before we went to sleep.
7) He gave me the sweetest card and a onesie (sp?) that says Mommies Little Monster on it...I LOVE IT!!

Thanks, DJ, for being amazing this weekend :-) I love you!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Happy Mother's Day!! I love how pregnancy has brought the blogger out in you guys! hope the trend continues. . .

Have a great rest of your day,

Brandi

Anonymous said...

No problem! Thanks for growing my offspring :)

Anonymous said...

BTW, that last comment was me, your husband, dj.

Not anyone else offspring you are growing!

Anonymous said...

Alex says "Go D.J.!"
I say "Lindsay-you are one lucky mama!"
=)
Audra

LucieP said...

YAY!!!
I am so excited for you!
Being a parent is amazing and I am really looking fwd to watching your journey!