So, we're in our 14th week...finally over the first trimester yuck :-) I'm still feeling pretty good, overall tired and, of course, riding the emotional roller coaster (I cried to the country song Please Don't Take the Girl today in my car), but from the horror stories I've heard, I'm lovingly embracing those minor glitches.
Friday night, while out to dinner with some friends, I felt the baby move for the first time...well, the first time that it was OBVIOUSLY the baby. I was bending forward to take a bite of something, and apparently this little person was either really hungry and wanted me to get on with it, or was not so pleased that I was squishing them to get to my food.
The baby is now about 3 inches long and has all the pieces and parts that it's going to. My stomach is hardening, so not only can I feel physical changes, but now DJ can actually feel where the baby is, too (which is soo cool). I've only gained one pound, but my pants are starting to get a little tight...mostly because I used to be able to stand up straight while pulling my shoulders back and my stomach in (to look a little less fat), but can’t anymore because the baby doesn’t like it AT ALL. I’m starting the “in between” phase where I just look awkwardly chubby…hopefully this won’t last too long.
I went to my midwife today and she said that everything is going great. My Hcg level is >24,000 (diagnosis = pregnant), my test results and blood work (that was done on my last appointment) all look perfect, and the baby’s heart rate is a solid 164. The midwife had a little trouble with the doppler today because every time she would find it and start to count, the baby would move, and she would have to find it again….this happened at least 3 times…which for some reason I found hysterical and endearing. My next appointment is in one month and my very first (and only) ultrasound will be at the end of June...then we can find out if it is Maci or Abry (Abraham) – don’t hold me to that, names are still very much up for discussion, those are just the two we like today.
I think I have moved on from my baked potato phase and am now starting an orange juice and pickle fetish…I actually have to limit my pickle intake to 3/day (they are the mini kind).
3 comments:
Ooooohhhh, I'm a BIG fan of those names, especially Maci!! (Who can resist a cute girl name?)
I'm glad things are going so well for you! Praying for you, my friend!
I apparently have not been by your blog in a while...so I am behind. But, Congrats!!! So exciting!
I will be praying for you guys as things progress will all your future children!
I am so glad things are going well. Cravings are so funny. Allison wanted McDonlads cheesburgers. LOL!
Post a Comment