
I've finally made it!!! I'm am now 24 weeks pregnant and, to me, that is the biggest milestone so far. Having worked in the Neonatal ICU for a few seconds, I learned that babies are not viable until mom is at LEAST 24 weeks pregnant. I have seen a few 24 weekers and DO NOT want my daughter to have to join the word like they had to, but knowing that if something went wrong, no doctor (in their right mind) would even think for a second about trying to save her life because she was just too little and underdeveloped was a scary bit of knowledge to have. At this point, Maci will grow in leaps and bounds (as will I) - she should be gaining about 1/2 a pound per week until she IS ready to make her grand appearance, and every week her lungs and brain are much more ready to run her body.
Knowing that we've come this far has made a big impact on me falling in love with her. I know that sounds bad. I've ALWAYS wanted her and ALWAYS loved her, but now I feel secure that not only am I her mom, but I will get to hold her and raise her and do all the things a mom should for as long as God lets me. Pregnancy has become much easier and I'm talking to her a lot more. Yesterday morning, I woke up on my right side with Maci curled up in a tight little ball with her bottom pushed out. She was sleeping and as I rolled onto my back and stretched awake, she moved and stretched with me. It made me laugh out loud so hard I woke DJ up. And, she's started doing "punch kicks" so I feel movement in my lower and upper belly at the same time - she's already so big, I can't believe that NOW is when she really starts growing. She was dancing around yesterday at church during praise and worship - so much so that the front of my belly was resting against the chair in front of me and she kicked it away (ok, no she's not THAT strong, but it did startle me enough to move back for a second).
I love her more ever day and I'm a little nervous about actually getting to see her and hold her - that love may just be to much to take.
3 comments:
Very sweet. You'll do great Mama, no nerves needed! Just sleep while you can...anytime you can...
Yes. It's true. I've begun Maci's mixed martial arts training and she is schedule to fight in UFC 1,374 in 2026.
I was the same way, something magical about that number 24... hooray for you and Maci :)
Post a Comment