Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baby Wise Progress

For those of you who don't know we've recently adopted the Baby Wise schedule. I wish I had done this from day one but you live and learn, right? Basically, it is based on a 3 hour eat, play, and sleep schedule (in that order). Maci has done amazing and is really great at this! Our routine goes something like this... I wake her up, cuddle, and change her diaper. Then, we sit down for some mom/Maci time and she enjoys some yummy milk. After the meal, we talk and play for a few minutes and then I put her down in one of her many self-entertainment centers around the house (ie: play mat, swing, bouncy seat) where she plays and talks to her toys until she is tired. When she has had enough alone time and is ready to sleep, she usually lets me know by giving a pitiful little eh-ehh whine. Baby Wise encourages moms to not ignore this signal, but instead, place baby in the crib to sleep so that they learn to drift off by themselves in their bed.

The last two days have been great. Maci has slept well and been such a happy girl (I have video to share, but not enough time to upload it! Coming soon...). I'm really loving this baby!! Last night, she didn't even cry when she was put to bed...ususally she cries for a few minutes. So, this morning has gone as planned: up at 8, cuddle, diaper change, breakfast, play time, alone time. I was sitting at my computer when I heard two little "eh-ehh" sounds. Immediately, I got up and went into the family room. This is what I found:
She fell asleep in less than 5 seconds. Baby Wise is working!

10 comments:

Jess and Andrea said...

I'm so glad it is working. I have heard many good things about Baby Wise. She's adorable!

Brandi said...

Way to go girl! I swear. . I owe my life to that idea! It makes babies so much easier!!!!

Call me if you ever need baby-wise help!

Love,
Brandi

The Forman Family said...

That's great she has gotten on the schedule so fast and doing so well with it. It's amazing how much more you get to enjoy your baby when they aren't hungry, sleepy, fussy and you know their schedule. And i'm glad to hear she loves her sling so much too!

Danielle said...

I wish I had read that book when my kids were babies! That was always the big struggle - sleep and a schedule. Great work!

emily said...

She is stunning!

LucieP said...

oh she is growing!

Babywise works!

It will help you so well!

I think it's hard to start from the beginning because things are so new and unknown that it puts a lot of pressure on mom & dad.

The best thing ever is that babies (and toddlers and even children) are so adaptable to change...it only takes like 3 times/days for a habit/routine to take effect!

Keep enjoying her!

Wendi said...

Baby Wise is great... Noah loved it and so did we! I am so glad Maci is doing so well!

I can't get over how much she has grown since we saw her! What a sweet girl!

Give her big hugs and kisses for us!

Leah said...

you are doing a great job. doesn't it feel wonderful to make hard decisions and then see that they were the right ones for your child? Hooray, momma!

Hope the dedication went well today. Levi did really well at the 10:45 :)

Anonymous said...

So you bought a book to tell you that you need to have your kid on a schedule? Hmmm. Couldn't you just ask someone who has done a good job with their kids what to do?

Lindsey said...

Dear Anonymous,

I didn't buy the book. When I asked my friends who have done a great job with their kids...they offered to lend me theirs.