Thursday, September 17, 2009

Journal 2


September 6, 2009

Day 2:

Ok, so DJ and I slept SOO good…for about 2 or 3 hours. Then we woke up in a panic that it was 7:00 AM…and then we flipped the watch over. Sheesh! Oh man, we’ve been lying awake for hours not talking, not knowing that the other person is just as awake as the next. And to boot, our thermostat is in Celsius (so neither one of us wanted to touch it), and it is FREEZING!! I just got up to hit the off switch, :-), and now I can feel my toes.

Also, the orange slices have been calling my name for at least the last 45 minutes, but since I was trying to be as quiet as possible for my surprisingly-NOT- asleep-husband, I didn’t make my move. DJ and I’ve already had 3 each. Yum!

We were on the long flight with another family from CCI who is traveling to pick up their 3 year old daughter Tensay, and the mom, Vivianne, was supposed to call me in NYC. I never heard from her. I’m thinking we’ve spotted them, though, on the shuttle from the airport to our hotel last night. But we were so tired, and honestly, the opportunity didn’t really present itself. Hopefully we’ll meet them this morning. Our kids have been living together for the last 6 months.

Ok, now I’m hot.

And hungry.

And someone’s alarm just went off down the hall.

DJ is asleep again and it’s almost 8:00 PM Florida time – Maci is (hopefully) sleeping. I will try to find a way to let everyone know we’re safe once we land in Addis…

No comments: