Wednesday, September 2, 2009

9 MONTHS!!!

Oh my goodness gracious, it's been 9 months since Maci was born. Now, some would think that this is a special celebration since she has now been outside my tummy as long as she was in my tummy. That is false. She was in there for almost 10 months and I will celebrate this special anniversary at that time.

For now, I am going to celebrate: her 6 adorable Chiclet teeth; her downward dog that makes her look like she's going to take off on a brisk walk any day now; her melt-my-heart giggle that sounds just like me; her stinker face that she makes when she gets a bite of something she really loves (carrots!); her wonderful ability to fall asleep in less than 5 minutes, sleep for 2 hours (nap) or all night (12 hours) and then wake up with her this-is-the-most-amazing-moment-of-my-entire-life attitude; the joy she gets when she thinks I'm "gonna get 'er" so she tightly folds in her arms and chin so I can't tickle those places and laughs and laughs until we're both exhausted from all the "gettin"; the fact that she knows the word "no" and 9/10 will obey mommy and daddy in the midst of awesome temptation (pulling the curtains with all her might); the sweet way she pats my face when she's nursing; the way she absolutely, positively HAS to be playing with something while she's getting her diaper changed; the way she waves 'bye, bye'...to herself, the way she "blows kisses" (sucks her tongue on the top of her mouth, but it makes the right noise) to complete strangers just because she thought they might have maybe looked in her direction; the way she "dances" when she hears anything remotely resembling music (or mommy just says, "dancin, dancin" or "shake your groove thing, Mac"); the way she squeels with complete and total joy when the water is turned on for bath time; the way she turns into Houdini when she's alone in her room and can make anything magically appear in her crib (the blankets/toys/sound machine were NOT in there when I left!); the way she says, "mama!!" when she's upset that I'm walking away; her serious face that means "I AM gonna figure this out"; the way she points to anything and everything that she thinks needs to be touched, moved, picked up, or explained; the way she loves to climb over Cali WITHOUT being licked (it looks difficult to climb over something that is much bigger than you while you're having to cover your face with one arm); and the way she signs "more" from the instant she sees you in the morning.

I'm going to stop now, because I'm in serious risk of not ever ending this already very long list.
I will, however, leave you with the most up-to-date Maci facts:
  • Weight: 20lbs. 12oz. (75-90%)
  • Height: 29.25inches long (95%)
  • Head Circ. 18in. (75-90%)
  • Stage 4 pampers!
  • Crawling faster than I can walk (seiously, she can outrun me)
  • Eating everything/anything that I will let her (and some things that I don't...)
  • Gets to meet her big brother in 1 week and 2 days!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Post!! Best of luck with your trip to Ethiopia. It will be a trip of a lifetime. Don't forget to bring something to wash bottles