Saturday, September 6, 2008

maci's latest

Yesterday, DJ and I got to see our daughter for the second time :-) I was told I was only going to have one ultrasound during my pregnancy, but that one showed that I had a partial placenta previa - basically, the placenta was covering the edge of my cervix (and since you DON'T want the placenta coming out before the baby that wasn't a great thing) so they needed to recheck and make sure it was resolved. IT IS!! :-) I guess it's pretty common, especially early on, and usually resolves by itself - so my midwife never gave us cause for concern, but said legally it has to be followed up on and documented. SO, we got to see Maci's cute face again!!

Updates:
She is definitely a girl!! Yay!! (but, i'm not allowed to show you the proof pic - which our lady was nice enough to give us this time!!!)
She weighs 2lbs. and 11 ounces. (which will probably make her between 7-8 lbs at delivery)
She smiled at us *see picture below
She is facing out with her bottom down (she should turn in a few weeks)
She loves the kick game and thought it was funny to kick the ultrasound wand wherever it touched her (totally my fault 'cause I play the kick game with her everyday).
She had a full bladder (and so did mommy)
All of her organs are present and looking very healthy.
She likes to suck her thumb.


She's not blowing bubbles, but it looks like it! You can see her heart :-)

Look real close and you can see her smiling face - LOVE IT!!!!

She's getting so big!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

So precious! LOVE those profile shots!

Brandi

Unknown said...

amazing! She is beautiful! Congrats.