I am ashamed to say that I have not loved being pregnant for much of my pregnancy. I have been mindful of this for the past two or three months - when some scary contractions and uncomfortable instances began happening - and have felt ashamed and not very motherly (or womanly). SO, I began praying that the Lord would remind me of this blessing and help me enjoy the fun pregnancy perks that I was overlooking too easily. He has been more than faithful and little by little I am realizing how great this gift of pregnancy is that he has given me. I am so humbled that I get to be Maci's mother and that I get to supply her with a warm, safe, loving home until she greets us in November. I love that I get to feel every kick and turn. Sometimes I almost feel guilty because DJ looks so amazed and surprised when he feels her kick and push against his hand - and he's only feeling her from the outside...he will never know what it really feels like to know her every movement or understand why I'm laughing when I bend or move and she quickly reminds me with a little tap that she's there and a little cramped. She is a gift of the Lord. That's what her name means and it's so fitting.
DJ thinks that one of the reasons pregnancy was so tough for me is because she was such a surprise and because we had to change course from our kids in Ethiopia - that the adjustment to our family's plan was making it harder for me to fully see the blessings we were given. Maybe he's right. And maybe subconsciously, my mind was playing terrible tricks on my body and causing mildly uncomfortable situations to be magnified. Either way, I am ecstatic to announce that I am finally fully enjoying pregnancy. (it does also help that i have not had any more heartburn for a few weeks)
To my Maci girl... I am so very very greatful for you. I can't wait to meet you and hold you and kiss you. I am loving this time we're sharing and wish I could record every smile you bring to my face so you would know how precious you are to me already. I'm giving you another 8 weeks, child, then I'm gonna do EVERYTHING I can to make you come and join the world....
2 comments:
Again, I'm so excited for you guys. Lindsey, I love your heart. I'm so thankful I know you two. I can't wait to meet Maci.
hey girl!
That fear and worry.....welcome to Parenthood!
I can't wait to meet her!
Babyshower soon?
Post a Comment