


Lately, I've been kind of addicted to Craigslist. There are awesome things on there to buy - things that are like NEW and for a fraction of the cost the store would charge.
My first purchase was the Pack N Play - bought that while I was in Jacksonville for my baby shower. It does all the same stuff that the one we registered for does, but was 1/4 of the price, works great, and is very clean.
My next purchase was the swing to match the pack n play. I bought this from a rich lady in Winter Park who has three daughters, got all new stuff with each child, and barely used anything.
Yesterday, I bought a breast pump for almost nothing. The lady had to have a couple surgeries after her son was born, and never ended up producing enough milk to breastfeed. She sold me the pump (that she bought in June!) and all the supplies she'd bought (including two boxes of Mother's Milk Tea) for a STEAL!! **Thanks, Leah, for offering me yours - this was just too good a deal to pass up, but I REALLY appreciate you thinking of me :-)
All this stuff, if bought at Babies R Us, would total $759.70 (NOT including the extras from the pump lady). I paid $205!!!! Thank Jesus for people who sell gently used stuff at reasonable prices!!!
4 comments:
what great finds! i am pretty jealous of your breastpump deal.
My obsession was e-bay! I felt so acomplished. I bought my pump brand new (sealed in box for 98.00! In the store it was 200.00!
Lindsey, I also need to introduce you to a little friend of mine called, consignment shops! Have fun!
Kelli, I've tried the consignment shops, but everything that's nice seems to go QUICKLY!! Well, I say I've tried, but I haven't actually gone into too many, but I DID call every one in the central florida area looking for a jogging stroller (before some friends at work bought me the one on my registry) and a rocking chair. I will DEFINITELY be going there, though, when I'm in need of clothes - probably about 5 years from now (these grandparents are overdoing things a little!!) :-)
I hope you're doing well and getting ready for #3!!
Jen, I hope you're feeling better - MUCH, MUCH better!
wow! Way to be lindsey! I am way jealous of you pump too. Maci seems to be the only thing that you still need :) can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment