I'm 40 weeks today and that means that Maci will be here soon. :-) Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us and who has encouraged me through the last few weeks. Since I had 7 out of 8 of the risk factors for pre-term labor and started to show signs of early labor around 30 weeks, I am a little surprised Maci isn't here yet. And not only that, it doesn't look like she's really ready or in any hurry to come out. I know I've been impatient about meeting her, but I am finally realizing how to relalx and wait for God's timing. Finally, I know it WILL happen. Finally, I know that it IS right around the corner. And finally, I feel like when it happens it will be perfect. I had an appointment with my midwife this afternoon and am still only 2 cm dilated (which is the same as last week) and about 80% effaced (I was 70% last week). Also, she said that Maci still needs to drop a little more to prepare for labor. She tried to strip my membranes, but said that it is difficult because I am dilated so little. I have about 2 more weeks until I am no longer a candidate to deliver at the birthing center, but Alice thinks Maci won't wait THAT long. Maci is still showing all the signs of a healthy little girl (which delights her mama), so now all we have to do is wait. I can do that :-)
Thanks again for everything!
6 comments:
Oh good! I was wondering! I was hoping you weren't going to write that you would have to be induced...I'm glad you aren't having any symptoms that would cause induction!
I am continuing to pray...
Relaxation and patience...ok...they can come hand in hand...right?!
Did ya try what I suggested last time?! Heehee! JK!
What a blessing that the only concern that ya'll are having is when she'll be here! Yeah!
I really took my first two healthy preg. & kids for granted, and this time I am learning how hard the unknown is, but somewhere in my heart I know that God is sovereign and in control...just like He is with little Maci. The fact that He formed her by His hands is comforting...=)
Not too much longer mama!
I am encouraged by how positive your attitude it. You are right, Maci will come when the time is perfect for her to make her entrance. I'm glad you are able to relax and just enjoy these last few days before she is here. It is such an amazing thing to be pregnant and I found myself spending a lot of time wishing I weren't especially at the end. But as soon as both my babies were born, I found myself missing just a little of feeling them inside of me. Guess I'll just have to have a third one :o)
I've been waiting to hear news!! Oh Maci girl, maybe she'll be a Thanksgiving surprise!? Praying for you every day...
40 weeks! You go girl! Beautiful job! The baby is well cooked ;) And now, when she's good and ready, Macie will make her first little appearance into the safe and loving world of her Mommy and Daddy. . Enjoy those last kicks in your belly!
Post a Comment