Saturday, December 6, 2008

I know, I know...

I missed a day. SORRY! The last two days have been really great. Friday started with Sean (of Sean and Carly) dropping off an awesome meal. We needed to get Maci presentable for company so it was time for her first bath at home. Maci + water + nakedness = not so much fun. Lindsey's grandmother, father and aunt all came down from Jacksonville for the day and got to meet Maci. We had a great time visiting, loving on Maci, taking some photos, and enjoying lunch together. After company left, Sherry (Lindsey's mom) let us both take a nap and I got a whole 2.5 hrs of uninterrupted sleep and felt really refreshed.

Maci loves being held by her Grammy
Grammy, Lindsey and Maci
Aunt Debbie gets some lovin'
Grandpa and Maci

Today we had some more fun with visitors. My godmother, Aunt Luisa, came by and had a mini photo session with us, but I'm still trying to download the photos to add to this blog. I can view them, but I don't think I'm allowed to save them to my computer. My parents came over and brought my grandfather so he got to meet his great granddaughter. The Van Slykes also stopped by and gave us some great gifts to comfort MOM as she recovers. Thanks Van Slykes. Tonight we videotaped our recounting of the notorious 38 hour birthing process and I might edit it down and post it at some point. Til tomorrow...

Maci's Photo Shoot

"I might be a little tired, Dad"

"It's tiring work being this cute!"

"So I'll take a nap"

"Hey, Great Granddad, where did my clothes go!"

"Heather got to see me my second day alive. I was cute then too."
Everyone is still doing well and Lindsey has been well medicated as all the wounds are healing up. Hopefully, she'll be back to 100% by the time I've gotta go back to work.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

She is SOOOO Beautiful! I've been a slacker commenter since it's been crazy busy, but I've been keeping up to date via my phone and google reader!

You guys are so cute. Enjoy these first few days and just watching her sleep. . .except you really should be sleeping when she is!

Can't wait to meet her,
Brandi

LucieP said...

glad to hear that things are going well. It sounds like you are getting along pretty well in these first few days.
Some of Matthew's best pictures at that age were taken in the middle of the night! Just go with it~~~and remember there will be a day when she sleeps all night! ;)

Whenever you come up again, I'd love to see ya'll!

emily said...

Hooray for parent naps! :) She is so sweet.